Monday, January 19, 2015

The blue Honda.

Long before my Sportster was stolen, I had started writing up about the Honda, a bit of the model's history, where my particular bike came from, etc. It quickly turned into a massive write-up, so much so that I've decided it will be a separate page, just as I did for the Norton and the Matchless. I'll put it up soon I think.

Without going into too much detail, I had plans to modify the Honda in a way that would have required keeping it in the garage for at least three or four months while I sent parts out to be sandblasted and powder-coated (for example the steering yokes and the footrest plates, which need it badly), and while I figured how to fit new mudguards, side panels, fuel tank, modify the seat to fit, and clean up the headlamp / gauges area.

However, now that I need the Honda as a daily driver, I can no longer do that, at least not right away. At the most I can take it to the garage and work on it, but I must be done and able to ride home by sundown, which these days comes all too early. So, I'll focus on a few things at a time and document it as I go, it might still be interesting.

For starters, here's a hint:


0 comments:

Post a Comment