Monday, March 25, 2019

Fender stays & exhaust bracket

Marcellini strikes again, this time with a cool set of stainless steel fender stays for the smaller aluminum item I had previously on my Fastback.

It was originally fitted with a pair of very classic 'Y' shaped brackets, that were cut to size for a 3.60 K81 Dunlop:

However when I switched over to the uglier, but better handling Avon, those brackets ended up being too short and I had to temporarily fit a big heavy original-type mudguard from an 850 Commando:

These new stays, designed entirely by Marcellini (I gave them carte blanche) help save considerable weight and make the whole front end look more svelte and less like a 1930s Auburn.

The mounting points are slotted, so the whole fender can be raised or lowered for a more precise fit just above the tire, neat!

Another thing they made for me is a new bracket for the RH silencer, specifically to replace part number 06.1721, not that there was anything wrong with the one I had in terms of manufacture, but it just wasn't lining up properly and the two silencers were not at the same height, which from the back looked just horrible.

This new bracket is also slotted so I can align the silencers until they're level; much better.


0 comments:

Post a Comment