Saturday, January 21, 2023

Delays

Delays, shameful delays continue. I ordered a Barnett clutch kit on the 10th of September last year and received the worst after sale service of the past decade, easily, from the people at "parts europe" and a reseller in Italy by the name of "bikeinside", who was shoddy, detached from reality and completely disorganized. Both dealers were dismissive and just plain did not care that they'd left me hanging. Avoid these time wasters at all costs. 

After four months waiting, only to see a delivery date being pushed further and further into the future*, I ran out of patience and sourced the kit elsewhere, which cost a little more but at least I got it in just a couple of days. The first option might have been cheaper, but if it never materializes then it's no good. When I asked for my money back, the guy goes "oh if you want I have all these other clutch kits available right now"... Dude! You couldn't have told me that at the start of this whole thing? Instead you wasted four months of my time? What a dick.

I cannot accept delays and I cannot accept excuses: I have heard everything from COVID (really? still?) to the war in Ukraine, from labor shortages, to you-name-it. Supply chains are supposedly disrupted because of how complicated everything is, when in reality this is just the result of the usual "bankers" and their unchecked greed, ruining it for the rest of us. To hell with them all, better to think of more important things.

*You can check for yourselves at this link, bear in mind I first tried on the 10th of September and it had probably already been unavailable for who knows how long. What a joke.

0 comments:

Post a Comment